When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burley Creek Nursery Tacoma Vintage Bicycle Swap Meet Official Site !

-
Another good story from yesterday. Friend Scott chased this Higgins Colorflow for close to 10 years. Very distinct bike with 1957 Tacoma license plate attached to rear stay and original Tacoma safety inspection sticker on tank. It was for sale at local Puyallup Car meet by a regular seller who reneged on selling price, said he could get way more at Portland meet. Maybe five years ago I saw bike on CL in Oregon for sale for what the guy told me later he sold it for. Now good ol'l Justin @JRE shows up with bike after purchasing it recently for killer price. Scott got bike for less then original 10 year ago price. What a great bike world we live in ! P.S

View attachment 2012316. That's Connie photobombing !
Laugh. I was wondering if you got the peace bomb or me sticking my tongue out now I know. Was a fun weekend love seeing all of you when we come up.

It was a fun and mellow plus rain free swap meet. Always fun to revisit and see good people in the hobby that I have known for years. I’m not heavily into it anymore, however, I still enjoy having roots in it.

IMG_3564.jpeg

Last edited:
@fatbike
thank you for graciously bowing out letting me buy the Park Stand. It will be with me for many years and put to good use as I continually learn how to work on these vintage bikes !
I met a lot of really nice people as @Eddie_Boy introduced me to so many attendees. It was a great show and had a grand time.
Awesome! Glad you did. It’s a lifer tool. You will never need another one.

Back