When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ca. 1947 Arbos Corsa

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Hello Shawn,

thanks so much for sharing this wonderful new arrival with the forum - what a beauty!

at first glance assumed lug pattern to be an Agrati one but on closer look it matches no Agrati pattern am familiar with; if Agrati it may be one discontinued "before me time"

another lug maker active at this period who may have done them was Malaguti, information on their products is a bit thin

this image gives an example of one of their designs -

the blue cycle in the above four images is a Malaguti, they were a producer of both frames and lugs

did the seller of the bicycle mention to you anything regarding the lugs?

what make are the handlebar endcaps/plugs?

love the machine's beautiful chainset

pedals appear to be Sheffield Corsa Nr. 655

thank you again for sharing this outstanding piece!

please convey our best wishes to His Excellency Sir George

-----

A treasure and sight to behold! I nearly bought a nice frame with the Cambio Corsa dropouts, but I just didn't want to spend the time looking for a complete shifting system; already have my hands full with my 30's classic (et al.) looking for period parts. Thanks for sharing some history.

Could you possibly give us a shot of the headbadge? Thanks.

A treasure and sight to behold! I nearly bought a nice frame with the Cambio Corsa dropouts, but I just didn't want to spend the time looking for a complete shifting system; already have my hands full with my 30's classic (et al.) looking for period parts. Thanks for sharing some history.

Could you possibly give us a shot of the headbadge? Thanks.
Here ya go!

Beautiful! Is it a 1950? (my bad I see it's a '47) Are you going to add toe clips/straps or a water bottle? I am amazed to see how it was shifted! Thank you for sharing this classic.....

Beautiful! Is it a 1950? (my bad I see it's a '47) Are you going to add toe clips/straps or a water bottle? I am amazed to see how it was shifted! Thank you for sharing this classic.....
I may add straps but probably no bottle (permanently). I just don't want to clutter it up that much. I do have a vintage holder and bottle I can put on it should I decide to take it more than a few miles. V/r Shawn

Back