When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Cadillac" Bicycle Questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gartenmeister

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi all, I pulled this out from deep in the garage today and am hoping for a little info on it.

Quick backstory: I acquired a large collection of vintage bicycles a few years ago. I am into bikes in general (avid road & mtn cyclist, work as a shop mechanic) but I know little about most of the older stuff.

Anyway, this rig has a "Cadillac" badge, so I assuming that it is from Chicago Cycle and made by Schwinn Shelby. It appears to be refinished and not terribly well.

Questions:
Can we tell the age and model of the frame?
Which parts may be original and which are not? (the PO was known for cobbling things together)
What would be a fair price for a local sale?

Thanks guys!

PHOTOS HERE!!
UJdd3Tx8DWS3mFGi98WnVUivU67DlcMTmUQRi2aPyR7L5xTwgG5QzPMXsdd2LXFQcgxPP3uGl-lphGyOI=w1434-h1075-no.jpg

Last edited:
appears to be a SHELBY built bike need more pix- schwinn never had the wishbone at the rear of the top tube to the seat stays

Thinking the frame/fork,guard & trussrods are original but look repainted. Not sure about fenders, tho braces look like replacements. Possibly wheelset. Chain adjusters not correct. Some chrome looks painted silver. Crankset looks like one used on Snyder build Hawthorne badged bikes. Carrier a later aftermarket piece. Bars look like repops. Lots of funkiness going on with this one. Tho not all original or "correct", I'm sure it can be a nice rideable bike.
XNY6ir_tOsOnLDcLyaMC6mPbAVQ2PrEfiqzeWlTEzGMbUUK2X4ax17rnxUEEuhCxNTQHR2hvCsSDwcU7gQ=w1059-h794-no.jpg

HmLm6Soy78xR4Syx-cAIGgfeHPfesKhfD7q-KdD_vL6RrfW0AcuAX8Tvja2ybTBYaVrgiJOEKUIVBnfPh-=w1059-h794-no.jpg

LEjIUCRgGYYsAI0epiE7Uh5BmEhxi2lL3ehLa6_DSxP31KTle2wm_VvEOLxOO2xouTaXn2X_sBytq-MZP7=w1059-h794-no.jpg

Back