When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couldn't pass it up

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spomalley86

I live for the CABE
Cam someone help me out in identifying the year of this Elgin. The rack in particular doesn't look original to the bike but you be the judge. The triple step wheels are in good shape as well as the torrington stem. Not a bad bike for 45 bucks.

20190811_171322.jpg

20190811_171327.jpg

20190811_171344.jpg

20190811_171333.jpg

20190811_171351.jpg

I have seen a girl's Westfield built Sears Elgin balloon tire bike with the one (1) single support between the two main (down) tubes; it was a 1937-B Swallow, with the Alemite grease fittings.
None of the right hand side pictures, (except maybe the last), show if the Alemite fittings are present or missing.

Last edited:
That was a popular accessory rack in that mid to late 30's period. Too bad its so rough. Triple step rims would indicate that its an early ballooner.

Yeah the rack definitely has some issues, I grabbed some pics if the frame and the grease fittings, I mainly picked it up for its parts. I haven't come across a nice set of triple steps in a while. Im hoping they will clean up nicely

20190812_192007.jpg

20190812_192036.jpg

Back