When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cyanoacrylate or CA glue

-

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Referred to as super glue. This is an amazing glue with particular qualities, that when used correct is an indispensable tool.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capillary_action
It works by capillary action in it’s “thin” form, working it’s way Into a crack or bonding two items together that are closely aligned.
Model builders use it and it can be purchased on eBay or amazon. Typically I only use the thin variety that is about the viscosity of water. The super glue over the counter in stores is most often junk. It doesn’t do magic, no glue can, but I have used it in bike repairs where nothing else would work, for example: a wood 28” finger joint repair, a loose light bulb glass on the metal threads, minor seat leather repair and on cracked grips. Use it sparingly and know that it bonds instantly! Practice on some small things to get use to how it flows and bonds. The key is clamp first, then glue!

Back