When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duraflex - Splinter vintage skateboard

-
Yep . In the picture shown , from left to right - Mark Bowden -Bryan Beardsley - Laura Thornhill- Ty Page (RIP) and myself - Ty has been inducted into the Skateboard hall of fame . Laura has recently taken over duties as the Big Chief of operations for running the H.O.F. . It was previously run by Brian Logan . Good work on finding that photo @Lonestar !
Man, that's killer! Pleasure to meet you, Curtis!
So cool...I'm chattin' with a legend!

-Lars

Wow! Those guys and you, @CURTIS L LINDGREN are legendary in the skateboarding scene! Growing up in So Cal you guys were our heros!
Being a kid in the 70's in Rochester NY, I really wasn't exposed to all of the cool SoCal stuff, but remember them when I was a teenager skating everyting I could in Tucson, AZ...

This chat made my day!

Awsome!! In 1973 ish, I nailed myself to a skateboard and didn't step off until '80. In the early days it was all about freestyle and, Curtis, I recognize every name of your team members.( even non skaters knew Ty's name) Just like the rest of the skating world, I put away the freestyle stuff when Skateboarder Mag. picked upon the Dogtown, pool, surf-style scene. Now I'm 58 and I go from time to time to local skateparks and carve the bowls, happy with the occasional 50/50. Skateboarding has been and is a part of who I am and people like Curtis helped make that true for me (and thousands more) without ever knowing..

Last edited:
Sorry, Jumpy fingers!!!!Awsome!! In 1973 ish, I nailed myself to a skateboard and didn't step off until '79. In the early days it was about freestyle and Curtis, I recognize every name of your team members

Awsome!! In 1973 ish, I nailed myself to a skateboard and didn't step off until '80. In the early days it was all about freestyle and, Curtis, I recognize every name of your team members.( even non skaters knew Ty's name) Just like the rest of the skating world, I put away the freestyle stuff when Skateboarder Mag. picked upon the Dogtown, pool, surf-style scene. Now I'm 58 and I go from time to time to local skateparks and carve the bowls, happy with the occasional 50/50. Skateboarding has been and is a part of who I am and people like Curtis helped make that true for me (and thousands more) without ever knowing..
Well said!

A bit of the collection display at Panchos surf shop in good Ole Pismo Beach Cali.
Now that's what I call interior decorating ! 😁 It's pretty cool when you can see a good collection of old skateboards . The progression from steel wheels to clay wheels and then to urethane wheels really opened up the possibilities of what could be done on a skateboard . @A.S.BOLTNUT How lucky you were to be in the Pismo beach area . If you grew up there , I bet that was a great time to experience the "California" lifestyle. 👍 My uncle is an artist , and the largest of all his paintings is titled " A day at Pismo" The painting is about 6' X 6' and it is just a very relaxing and almost surrealistic view of people on the beach and the ocean in the background. I want that painting and always have. Unfortunately my Mother is super attached to it and won't let it go. 🤨 Ok , back on subject ! The last skateboard I had was a 48" Donald Takayama longboard good for carving and cruising mostly. I had not skated for many years when I got this. I rode it for about a year -then sold it. The guy who bought it HAD TO HAVE it , as he said. I still have a few of the boards from the old days , but tend to not ride those. Here's a few pictures of the D.T. 4 footer . Skate Safe Guys !

DSCF0684.JPG

DSCF0693.JPG

DSCF0686.JPG

DSCF0689.JPG

DSCF0688.JPG

DSCF0692.JPG

DSCF0687.JPG

DSCF0694.JPG

Back