When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duraflex - Splinter vintage skateboard

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yep . In the picture shown , from left to right - Mark Bowden -Bryan Beardsley - Laura Thornhill- Ty Page (RIP) and myself - Ty has been inducted into the Skateboard hall of fame . Laura has recently taken over duties as the Big Chief of operations for running the H.O.F. . It was previously run by Brian Logan . Good work on finding that photo @Lonestar !
Man, that's killer! Pleasure to meet you, Curtis!
So cool...I'm chattin' with a legend!

-Lars

Wow! Those guys and you, @CURTIS L LINDGREN are legendary in the skateboarding scene! Growing up in So Cal you guys were our heros!
Being a kid in the 70's in Rochester NY, I really wasn't exposed to all of the cool SoCal stuff, but remember them when I was a teenager skating everyting I could in Tucson, AZ...

This chat made my day!

Awsome!! In 1973 ish, I nailed myself to a skateboard and didn't step off until '80. In the early days it was all about freestyle and, Curtis, I recognize every name of your team members.( even non skaters knew Ty's name) Just like the rest of the skating world, I put away the freestyle stuff when Skateboarder Mag. picked upon the Dogtown, pool, surf-style scene. Now I'm 58 and I go from time to time to local skateparks and carve the bowls, happy with the occasional 50/50. Skateboarding has been and is a part of who I am and people like Curtis helped make that true for me (and thousands more) without ever knowing..

Last edited:
Sorry, Jumpy fingers!!!!Awsome!! In 1973 ish, I nailed myself to a skateboard and didn't step off until '79. In the early days it was about freestyle and Curtis, I recognize every name of your team members

Awsome!! In 1973 ish, I nailed myself to a skateboard and didn't step off until '80. In the early days it was all about freestyle and, Curtis, I recognize every name of your team members.( even non skaters knew Ty's name) Just like the rest of the skating world, I put away the freestyle stuff when Skateboarder Mag. picked upon the Dogtown, pool, surf-style scene. Now I'm 58 and I go from time to time to local skateparks and carve the bowls, happy with the occasional 50/50. Skateboarding has been and is a part of who I am and people like Curtis helped make that true for me (and thousands more) without ever knowing..
Well said!

A bit of the collection display at Panchos surf shop in good Ole Pismo Beach Cali.
Now that's what I call interior decorating ! 😁 It's pretty cool when you can see a good collection of old skateboards . The progression from steel wheels to clay wheels and then to urethane wheels really opened up the possibilities of what could be done on a skateboard . @A.S.BOLTNUT How lucky you were to be in the Pismo beach area . If you grew up there , I bet that was a great time to experience the "California" lifestyle. 👍 My uncle is an artist , and the largest of all his paintings is titled " A day at Pismo" The painting is about 6' X 6' and it is just a very relaxing and almost surrealistic view of people on the beach and the ocean in the background. I want that painting and always have. Unfortunately my Mother is super attached to it and won't let it go. 🤨 Ok , back on subject ! The last skateboard I had was a 48" Donald Takayama longboard good for carving and cruising mostly. I had not skated for many years when I got this. I rode it for about a year -then sold it. The guy who bought it HAD TO HAVE it , as he said. I still have a few of the boards from the old days , but tend to not ride those. Here's a few pictures of the D.T. 4 footer . Skate Safe Guys !

DSCF0684.JPG

DSCF0693.JPG

DSCF0686.JPG

DSCF0689.JPG

DSCF0688.JPG

DSCF0692.JPG

DSCF0687.JPG

DSCF0694.JPG

Back