When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 70’s Zeus -

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My 1962 Zeus track with all Zeus components ( set up for sprinting - double Binda toe straps, Cinelli steel bars/stem etc )

I bought this one in Canada as well ( 1988 ). I know of one other up in Canada ( Victoria ) - it's in gray color.

View attachment 1381984

-----

collector Nelson Miller of Seattle has one in perfect condition also

had an opportunity to view it in person about twenty year back, colour is bright blue, date appears near to 1980

he has/had a "scout" who works at the depot for one of the big charity thrift store chains who lets him know of donations of interest to a lightweights enthusiast

one day he got a message stating something to the effect of "we got this bike in that is very weird; it has no gears or brakes, or nothin'. let me know if you'd like to see it..."

-----

Last edited:
My 1962 Zeus track with all Zeus components ( set up for sprinting - double Binda toe straps, Cinelli steel bars/stem etc )

I bought this one in Canada as well ( 1988 ). I know of one other up in Canada ( Victoria ) - it's in gray color.

View attachment 1381984

Yet another stunner @corbettclassics!
I have it on good authority (from the son of the framebuilder no less) that all of the Zeus track frames and many of the high-end road frames were actually built by Razesa in Alsasua (Navarra). Beautiful quality frames.
Razesa were part of the Zeus conglomerate.

I'll check on my seatpost for size @Coalfield.
I'm now looking for a Campagnolo aero example.

Unfortunately, my Zeus seatpost is 26.2mm.
I know a guy in Spain that may be able to help you out.

Oooopps - forgot the pedals, recently sourced from ThunderBay, CA
View attachment 1381498
Absolutely gorgeous bike! Love the latest build color scheme! I have a set of these grand sport pedals in road version. I think they are nicer than Campagnolo.

B74CC900-DADE-4837-B71F-E7E24EDCE223.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous bike! Love the latest build color scheme! I have a set of these grand sport pedals in road version. I think they are nicer than Campagnolo.

View attachment 1382985

-----

Me Too! :)

One feature they unfortunately lack is the shoulder on the spanner flats to keep the spanner from galling up one's nice chainset.

---

returning to the Arregui pillar -

one of its plusses is
that it permits the user to fit a Tron et Berthet I-series saddle such as the model 90 I-R...
...assuming of course one has access to the correct clamp parts...

-----

Last edited:
Nice! I much prefer the look with the red bars and black housing. Not to mention the choice of saddle ...

-----

white wrap looks fine from here

red housing unfortunately "leaps" in this situation

the eye has a tendency to go to colour and this can sometimes lead to a not pleasing overall effect

more appealing would be a silver-grey cable casing

-----

-----

thanks very much for the response ;)

me comment anent red cable casing referred to the cycle as configured in these images -

-----

I just wanna ride nice bikes i like.

The majority of my bikes have come as framesets, some with a few bits attached.
Like? Buy. (admittedly a low bar)
Build it quick-ish, ride, evaluate.
Upgrade as needed.
Rebuild as needs change.

Back