When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EIGHT bike,s of christmas la la la la

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Merry Christmas
1220181608a~2.jpg

Christmas day, c1970.... my brother and I on our Binney stingrays. We were poor, but somehow my mom managed to get two, Chinese built bikes from a retailer called "Two Guys" in So. Cal. that specialized in well, cheap merch.

You can tell how broke we were, I'm on the right in a 50s thrift store shirt and used tennis shoes... on Christmas day.. but happy as hell to have a new bike!

Let's hear it for single moms who lived for their kids! Mine's 90 this year, and she's the gem of the family.

Justie & Bronnie on Binney Bikes c1972.jpg

Christmas day, c1970.... my brother and I on our Binney stingrays. We were poor, but somehow my mom managed to get two, Chinese built bikes from a retailer called "Two Guys" in So. Cal. that specialized in well, cheap merch.

You can tell how broke we were, I'm on the right in a 50s thrift store shirt and used tennis shoes... on Christmas day.. but happy as hell to have a new bike!

Let's hear it for single moms who lived for their kids! Mine's 90 this year, and she's the gem of the family.

View attachment 922671

That is a very touching post, and I can relate. Tell her I said “Merry Christmas”!

Thank you @partsguy! I will definitely tell her you said "Merry Christmas!" She is in her little house at this moment making Biscotti for Christmas. She's of the "greatest generation" and grew up in Brooklyn NY, to Italian immigrant parents. We were definitely poor growing up in a very middle class town in So. Cal, my dad moved us out here, then promptly went nuts, and split leaving her with no family support and 4 kids. But she simply never recognized obstacles, and did whatever it took to be there for her kids.

When the car broke down in the middle of a busy intersection once, with all her little kids in the car and horns blaring at her, she jumped out, opened the hood, and without knowing anything about cars noticed the linkage for the gas pedal came off... she popped it back on, hopped back in and off we went... like nothing ever happened. She was unfazed by crisis, just did what it takes to keep rolling. She certainly wasn't like other mothers in the 60s. She is amazing, really.

It used to take her about 5 hours to make Biscotti, now it takes her 3 days, but she still makes it every year, and packs it up and sends it to all her friends and family. She was out putting Christmas lights up in the front yard the other day when I came over... she had her walker with her, but was going to do it herself no matter what. She has more drive and energy at 90 than I do at 56. ;o)

Here is a photo of Rosina in my '63 Comet convertible, and another of her in her living room. A self taught artist, she hand-painted all those designs on the walls.... I would stand next to her while she was on the ladder and steady her. It took about two weeks to do the whole room... she was 86 at the time.

God bless all the little mamas who would do anything for their kids! Merry Christmas!

Rosina in Justins convertible (1).jpg

ROSINA (D).jpg

Back