When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find: 1960 Bowden Spacelander

-

sworley

I live for the CABE
I'm feeling really fortunate to have found this hard-to-find bike that I've always cherished.

The opportunity arose Friday morning and I knew I had to act. It came out of North St. Louis from the original owner, now age 72. He was the only child of wealthy parents who bought him the bicycle new. He is now in a nursing home and the sale was conducted by a family friend who is preparing the house for sale, so I was unfortunately unable to meet him.

It was a 14-hour day in the truck but I have no regrets. I needed all the good karma I could get so about an extra hour was devoted to grabbing a Monark Silver King out of SW IL for @biker to be shipped to him by my local shop.

The plan is to give it a mild cleaning, source new tires and hopefully the lights and rack, too. The front fender is a bummer but at least they found it. Please let me know if you have any of this stuff for sale. Thanks for reading!

thumbnail_IMG_4529.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4530.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4531.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4532.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4534.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4537.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4538.jpg

Last edited:
Back