When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! What did I find in the barn? Flying Star, Shelby, Schwinn??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It is finished now. I know it has no great monetary value, I just used this nearly free complete bike to learn a bit about restoration of old bicycles. Since it was painted black by a previous owner many years ago there was nothing to preserve, and the mish mash of parts made it interesting. I learned a bit about Schwinn S-6 wheels and tires. ( uh huh, the hard way.) I got a little practice in rattle can painting. The new (to me) Rust-O-Leum spray cans are sure better than rattle cans of old. So, for a couple of weeks during Covid quarantine, I stayed busy in the shop on this project. I do agree that this head badge came from a Schwinn frame and was riveted to the Snyder frame a bit off center. I left it that way. I call this the SSS Oldie. Snyder-Shelby-Schwinn of unknown vintage with a Persons seat. I took it to a local upholstery shop and had the owner fix me up with some pad, foam and faux leather cover , along with advice on what adhesives to use. Pretty easy.
View attachment 1188166

View attachment 1188172
View attachment 1188167

View attachment 1188168

View attachment 1188169

View attachment 1188170

View attachment 1188171
yeah, I missed a dent there didn't I ? There are a few other wrinkles .
Looks pretty damn good for a quick, cheap Rattle can restoration of a freebie bike. Nothing but blood, beers and a little elbow grease will take you far... Great job all around.. RideOn... Razin...

Nice job......for me bringin' em' back to life and riding them is what this hobby is all about......not everyone can afford a Bluebird! That bike will outlast any china made piece of shxt you can find at walley world.
Nice looking piece of SHXT if i don't say so myself... HAA!! HHa!!

I believe that the frame might have been a Westfield-built, either 1928-F or 1927-E; (and maybe a later 1941-F\H?).

The key serial numbers look like F-66,494 with some other over-stamping.

The blue paint highlights some of the Westfield features which may have been more difficult to see in the before pictures.

Last edited:
Back