When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I have something rare... Huffy slingshot ski

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just did a quick wash with a cheap electric powerwasher and can see more of the original green, and I can't believe it but it shifts thru all the gears and both rear brakes grab. I basically just need tires (and amazingly these ones held air for a while but no way they would have stayed up if I tried to sit on it) and it'll be rideable. Looks like I may be going down the rabbit hole. get it rideable first and then start cleaning it up.. or just leave as is... that old paint look is in for cars now right?

20210528_134628.jpg

Reactions: JLF
Yeah. Old paint is in for cars. Getting down to your original paint on a bike is the in thing these days. I'd clean out and grease the wheel bearings while you are putting tires. Put a few drops of oil in the freewheel. The rear axle is probably loose balls. I would clean it up and redo too, but if you aren't comfortable with that (loose balls are really annoying) then at least put some oil in. The crank is easy, and would like some fresh grease. Some threads are backwards.

Back