When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In search of a front fork for a 63 Traveler

-

Moss Derringer

On Training Wheels
I have two 63 travelers in black and my Bendix 2 speed front fork broke at the stem thread. I thought I might've been able to transfer forks, but the 3 speed has a shorter stem, and the 2 speed has a longer stem at 6 3/8.
If anyone has any leads, in all ears!

I have a fork from a Traveler. Black, 6.5 inch steerer tube. You would need to add the crown race and chrome cap from your broken fork. Does this look like it?

20231006_231904.jpg

20231006_231932.jpg

Forks don't just break at the threads. There is a reason it broke, and you need to address that reason, so you do not break your new replacement fork.

99.9% of the time it was due to the handlebar stem being adjusted to a height that removes the wedge from the solid part of the fork steerer tube. Just lower the handle bar stem next time before it breaks.

John

I have two 63 travelers in black and my Bendix 2 speed front fork broke at the stem thread. I thought I might've been able to transfer forks, but the 3 speed has a shorter stem, and the 2 speed has a longer stem at 6 3/8.
If anyone has any leads, in all ears!
Weld it and chase the threads. If that doesn't work, get some duct tape.

Back