When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IVER JOHNSON * "Special Racer" *

-

corbettclassics

I live for the CABE
I bought this from the collection of Ted Ernst 6-Day Racer. It had been down in his basement for decades and left as raced back in the day. I had it for about 10 yrs or more before I sold it to a guy on the east coast who really wanted a classic bike. He in turn decided to change out the bars and stem and decided to respoke the wheels with new shiny spokes. He then sold it to a collector who in turn has sold it to another collector. I have heard the bike is back in a California collection. A beautiful old racer that I let get away!
It appeared original as raced when I purchased it from Ted and became the new caretaker. I did my best to help preserve the history of this old racer!

L1060063.JPG

L1060073.JPG
L1060071.JPG
L1060065.JPG
L1060064.JPG
L1060070.JPG
L1060060.JPG

I'm ALMOST sure, but not 100% sure, that your bike was sold on eBay about a year ago............................and I believe someone on the Cabe purchased it. If it wasn't your Iver it was a really close twin. Here are some pics of the bike that I saved from the post. I have more pics if interested. Pete in Fitchburg

CL 1.JPG

CL 6.JPG

CL 10.JPG

CL 3.JPG

CL 5.JPG

If my memory is correct thee location where it was offered for sale was the NY area. Again, going from memory only I believe it sold for around $2100/2200. I still think a Cabe member bought it from eBay so maybe he will see this post and have more info. Pete in Fitchburg

Back