When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins Mainliner?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Huffy Mainliner was a Huffman product line; and then the 1961 Sears catalog shows a 1962 JCH Mainliner, built by Huffman; (alongside a JCH Flightliner, built by Murray).
Not sure if Huffman bicycles had already started to adopt automobile names, such as Galaxy, Fairlane, El Dorado, Camaro, etc.

Last edited:
Perhaps Walmart is now doing what Sears did in the past, but I have some old Elgins (35, 39, & 40) and a few JC Higgins (49, 59, 62, & 64) and I will say they are some of the best built, best riding bikes that I've ridden. The Flightliner/Spaceliner bikes are simply good looking as well. Not like what you get from Walmart today.

I'll help put the "tank was added later" theory to bed. This is my daily rider. As you can see it has the exact same tank, sticker and chainguard. The bike is pretty much all original except for the wheels and seat. Hoping to restore it sometime soon.

118045983_241496140339332_1207787899288959033_n.jpg

668DEDFC-2D21-4F7D-A2C1-1C18BF5BB8CD.jpeg
I recently bought this bike and also been trying to figure out what year it is. My tank looks exactly like the JC Higgins tank but it says Sears. I’m guessing it’s a 1964

66A3328D-ADA4-4E7A-84E8-2C5175BEA1ED.jpeg

Back