When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got a sears '' The rail ''

-

STRAIGHT UP

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just got this Sears "The Rail" 5 speed, missing top part of the shifter, don't know if this seat is original, haven't seen a seat like this on any of "The Rail" bikes, everthing els seem to be there and original, been looking for this bike, now I have "The wheel" and "The rail", Anyone know what year this bike is?, #'s are 7h324771 or the value of this bike? Thank

Picture 3447.jpg

Picture 3432.jpg

Picture 3448.jpg

Picture 3407.jpg

Picture 3404.jpg

Picture 3406.jpg

Picture 3497.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this Sears "The Rail" 5 speed, missing top part of the shifter, don't know if this seat is original, haven't seen a seat like this on any of "The Rail" bikes, everthing els seem to be there and original, been looking for this bike, now I have "The wheel" and "The rail", Anyone know what year this bike is?, #'s are 7h324771 or the value of this bike? Thank

Yes that seat is original to that bike. The Sears badged bikes had some unique parts. and your bike is a 1967 acording to your serial #s.

I have the same bike, I had to change the seat. I am not so sure that is original seat, but maybe the other guy is right. Mine came with a purple Persons seat that was destroyed I still have the pan. Everything on mine was original when I found it at a garage sale last summer for 10 bucks. I believe the bike is worth about 200 bucks. I wish you could do me a favour and look at how the cable is hooked up to the stick shift. I cant figure out how to do it since mine did not have the cable. I have a feeling there is some little piece missing. I had to change the pedals cause they were also destroyed. The originals are really kewl they have a red stripe as does the original tires. The original tires on mine are in very good shape about 90% left.

thanks howie

Attachments

• The Rail 002.jpg
    The Rail 002.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 379
  • The Rail 001.jpg
    The Rail 001.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 939
I dont believe yours has the right seat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. azhearseguy and how, how I'll try to get those pic. soon God willing, THANKS AGAIN

Funny mine had a different purple seat on it, but it was all ripped up. But you see that seat on the other bike in the ad, i bought a girls huffy for 5 bucks just to get that exact seat and had no Idea it came on some of them. That White and purple seat in the ad is the exact one I put on mine.

Depending on the year & month the bike was built, they used different seats & parts. here is a ad showing the purple seat also, this one is an earlier ad i think.Notice the funky looking goose neck on the bars!.
1966_SearsCatalog-1.jpg

Back