When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kutztown Bicycle Swap Meet May 13.14. And 15

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Could you please clarify on “diluted”? Based on my memory and photos Kutz was packed

Sure.
I went to Kutztown and sold nothing and bought nothing.
I went to Trexlertown to deliver a few parts and bought nothing.
Maybe because I'm not a... heavy hitter?

OR

maybe because half the people went to one show and the other half went to the other show and therefore there was only half the amount of stuff at each show and half the customers.

TL;DR: I like bikes but there were not enough bikes.

Yeah, "diluted" is a way of saying it. Concentrate the efforts in one place. I feel bad for the guys coming in from Cali to find it spread too thin. But if the "heavy hitters" want to knock each other out... go for it.

I attended both fall shows. Kutztown was only the third one and it's still not widely known about. We had a BMX ride in Harrisburg that Saturday so a number of those guys were there. I didn't sell a lot but then again I didn't bring much. I was a just a fun social event to me. If I remember correctly, fall T-Town wasn't announced until fairly late in the season. (Late July maybe?). I think the firehouse was still being squirrely with covid regulations. Covid fears, not much advertising, and the lack of fall Velofest seemed to be what hurt attendance at that one. I set up and did pretty good there.

As the crow flies, they're only around ten miles apart. I'll stop at both & Dixon's Muzzleloaders store, which is off the Kutztown exit on Rt. 78 & a mini museum in itself. Could be a win, win situation.

Dixon's is a great shop. I used to go to their July fair each year. Haven't been able to go back in a few years now though.

If you think your opinion matters to anyone other than yourself that is a joke and you should check your ego.

People who act like they are above everyone "heavy hitters" are delusional.

"Heavy Hitter", that has to be the most ridiculous statement used in this hobby.

As for the date of the Trexlertown Spring Swap Meet it has been the 2nd weekend in May for the most part for the last 8 years. We try to keep it the same weekend as the Velodrome when possible, Spring and Fall as we have for the last 35 years.

Our Swap meets will continue on no matter what dates anyone else chooses or post prior to our regularly scheduled events being posted.

If someone chooses to post a swap meet before our scheduled event so be it.

I would like to thank the loyalists that have attended our swap meets in the past 35 and continue to do so.

As for the "heavy hitters" I guess we'll just have to do without you.

Thank you very much, Joe Rapoza
No matter what date kutztown posted you would have picked the same date just to undermine them face it .

Joe,
I wondered why the Trexlertown swap wasn't the same weekend as the Velodrome's.
It certainly adds to the weekend for those of us that have varied bike interests.
https://thevelodrome.com/community-programs/velofest/

As for the dates of your spring show I looked in past posts in the CABE and found this:

Spring Trexlertown dates

May 1, 2 and 3rd, 2015
May 6, 7 and 8th, 2016
May 5, 6, 7 2017
May 4, 5 & 6, 2018,
May 3, 4, & 5 2019
Spring 2020 canceled
Spring 2021 canceled?

Some may predate your involvement.
Just thought I'd point this out .
Maybe in the Fall you can get aligned with the Velodrome again?
The guys in Kutztown seemed to be a Covid be damned we're having a swap mentality.
I didn't go.
You and the Fire Co. made the right choice in canceling.

Hopefully this will all shake out and not divide us into opposing camps.

Pete Geurds

Joe,
I wondered why the Trexlertown swap wasn't the same weekend as the Velodrome's.
It certainly adds to the weekend for those of us that have varied bike interests.
https://thevelodrome.com/community-programs/velofest/

As for the dates of your spring show I looked in past posts in the CABE and found this:

Spring Trexlertown dates

May 1, 2 and 3rd, 2015
May 6, 7 and 8th, 2016
May 5, 6, 7 2017
May 4, 5 & 6, 2018,
May 3, 4, & 5 2019
Spring 2020 canceled
Spring 2021 canceled?

Some may predate your involvement.
Just thought I'd point this out .
Maybe in the Fall you can get aligned with the Velodrome again?
The guys in Kutztown seemed to be a Covid be damned we're having a swap mentality.
I didn't go.
You and the Fire Co. made the right choice in canceling.

Hopefully this will all shake out and not divide us into opposing camps.

Pete Geurds
Pete this is Max from kutztown thank you pointed this out. I started this show because the guys had no were to go . trexlertown has been the first week of may that's why we picked this date and Joe told one of my friends that Ttown wasn't happening. Sorry that this happened i wanted both shows to work. Other people just don't want me to succeed .

Back