Let's see your black bikes

• REMINDER: There is a 2-day bump rule for Classifieds forums. Please take a moment to review the rules by clicking HERE.

This ad disappears when logged in

GTs58

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
This is the bike that got me into the bike hobby. I was looking for some small interior parts for my 58 Corvette on eBay and came across this "all original" including the Fong Westwinds, a 1958 Schwinn Corvette 2 speed.

I need to get some new pictures.
1542331828811.png

My 58 Vette 1.jpg

cyclonecoaster.com

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 8, 2008
Laguna Hills, CA, United States
www.cyclonecoaster.com
Chain ring, tensioner, spacer?? To long a chain?
Old trick ... Just for fun ... My nephew rode this bicycle last .. so I popped a chainring tensioner on it .. It also works great if the chain puts your build in a weird spot & the wheel isn't centered in the fender .. simply center the wheel up .. find a chainring to pick up that slop ..& trip people out as you ride it around & notice it ..Ridden not Hidden - Frank

Beek

Look Ma, No Hands!
Aug 18, 2018
Iowa
Old trick ... Just for fun ... My nephew rode this bicycle last .. so I popped a chainring tensioner on it .. It also works great if the chain puts your build in a weird spot & the wheel isn't centered in the fender .. simply center the wheel up .. find a chainring to pick up that slop ..& trip people out as you ride it around & notice it ..Ridden not Hidden - Frank
Nice!

Boris

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
You know how sometimes the same bike keeps showing up on your doorstep. Well, I sold this '53 Colson with a lot less parts than you see here, and bought it back today at a price I just couldn't refuse. This makes the fourth bike I've bought since I officially was going to stop buying bikes for good!

No one said my black bike needed to be all put together in this thread, did they?
IMG_1680.JPG

Last edited:

Kickstand3

I live for the CABE
May 16, 2014
Grapevine Tx
You know how sometimes the same bike keeps showing up on your doorstep. Well, I sold this '53 Colson with a lot less parts than you see here, and bought it back today at a price I just couldn't refuse. This makes the fourth bike I've bought since I officially was going to stop buying bikes for good!

No one said my black bike need to be all put together in this thread, did they?
View attachment 902727
I vote you put it together, nice looking bicycle Boris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New Mexico Brant

I live for the CABE
Jul 6, 2016
Santa Fe, New Mexico
www.BrantMackley.com
Nice looking bike, can you please post a pic of the badge
Thanks
Rolando
I just edited the post above and added the badge image. Thank you for your kind words. There are not many of this model around. @Mr. Monkeyarms put up another in post #973 in "Tank Bike Thursday." I'd love to know if anyone has an original paint example.

New Mexico Brant

I live for the CABE
Jul 6, 2016
Santa Fe, New Mexico
www.BrantMackley.com
Thanks for the added pics! I was just going to ask if you had any more. Is yours original paint?
No, it was originally black but the current paint is a war period or just post-war bicycle shop refurbishment job. The same as your bike, there is not enough of the original paint present to try to save it.

I am looking for a pair of 1939 truss rods for this bike should anyone have a set; I have other Huffman years I could trade or would buy outright.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture