When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For A Schwinn B6 Kickstand

-

Skatelab

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am looking for a kickstand for my 1949 Schwinn B6. I tried replacing the cam but now realize the stand itself must be bent. It is the thinner version with the notch it in. Hoping someone may have a parts bike with one I can buy.

Don't think it has a number it is from a Schwinn B6 from the 40's...
FullSizeRender 9.jpg

FullSizeRender 9.jpg

That kickstand came stock on 1946 schwinns,only. 1947 they introduced the one that remained unchanged through 1983. Check your serial number. If it starts with an "F",it's a '49

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That kickstand came stock on 1946 schwinns,only. 1947 they introduced the one that remained unchanged through 1983. Check your serial number. If it starts with an "F",it's a '49

Yeah... plus it has drop centers... probably not a 49

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I see quite a few of the tapered stands with a notch from the crank.seems they were bent pretty easy.later stands also had a different angle.

Other thing,the early 46 tapered kickstands were a different angle,changed it out,so it would kick out more. Expensive bikes falling over,for the new "non-rattling" kickstand wasn't a good thing.

Back