When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for any additional information and opinions on Wards Hawthorne Comet?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ghostrider

On Training Wheels
Hello all! I picked up this bike last year mostly on impulse. I thought it looked cool in the picture the seller had and it was a good price. I didn’t know much about old bikes at all at the time. Through the research I’ve primarily done here, I think it is a 1941 Comet. Can anyone confirm that? It looks to be an all original survivor. As far as I can tell, it’s only missing the headlight lens. The old, cracking tires appear to be the originals.

I’m not sure what I want to do with it. Do I leave it as is? Clean it up and fully service it? Keep it or sell it? Maybe try to do something to bring the paint back? Does it have any real value? I’m curious what it’s likely worth.

IMG_8150.jpeg

IMG_8151.jpeg

IMG_8152.jpeg

IMG_8153.jpeg

IMG_8154.jpeg

IMG_8155.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

IMG_8159.jpeg

IMG_8160.jpeg

IMG_8161.jpeg

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed a 1941 Comet? That's the best estimation that I have based on what info I have been able to find, but I would appreciate a more informed opinion.

Also, other than eBay plastic reproductions, does anyone know of a source for a replacement headlight lens?

Definitely 41 CWC built Hawthorne Comet, the catalog pic shows the Snyder version and those repop lenses have been available here and on ebay, and as said careful cleaning, tires, service and RIDE!

image.jpg

Back