When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looks like the price for old bikes is going up..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
MR. don aka FLATIRE

Hi, how many of these know it alls ,have ever gone to a world class meeting like trexlertown ,, mlc,.. And other places where you get the education

who cares about the education. i buy bikes i like, then i ride them.

i don't go around like "no that's not a '36 chain tensioner screw, that's a '38!, pfffft. amatuer..."

I ride mine too! All of them!............. When you have 5k+ in a bike it needs to be right!....... I think it is more about a screw! I think it is more about people just being a dick! ............ If you are going spend big money and you want the wrong parts on your bike and someone is going to say amateur!........... Wow! ... I guess let me sell you a bike!........ LOL!

Last edited:
who cares about the education. i buy bikes i like, then i ride them.

i don't go around like "no that's not a '36 chain tensioner screw, that's a '38!, pfffft. amatuer..."

Oh!.......... It is amateur not amatuer!............ Remember I'm educated!........... LOL!

hey, i was drunk, forgive my typos...

what i was getting at when i started this post, is those two bikes seem a little high priced, rare or not. they're in lousy condition, and missing original parts. so i was making a sarcastic comment on the general state of bike collecting as it is in today's market.

some people still think there's an unlimited amount of money in circulation, and that rust can be turned into gold.

then when the Robin went up for auction, everyone got all excited with their opinions, their facts, and their egos, and that transferred over to a lot of other posts, including this one. i didn't make this post intending it to ignite the wrath of the bicycle illuminati, i made it because i just don't care that much and wanted to make fun of some guy with some crappy bikes that he thinks are worth more than a dodge dart.

half of the replies on this post are cryptic at best, and i really don't know who's trying to insult who, who's being serious, and why i'm getting confusing PMs complaining about what other people are typing.

i'd also like to point out that i'm not a "collector," as i just buy old bikes, fix them up, ride them around, and then sell them when i get tired of them or lose a job and need to buy smokes and beer. i've been doing that for 25 years, so i'm not "uneducated" when it comes to original parts and rare items, but i'm also not as uptight as others who think that if a kid in the 40's wore out his grips and replaced them with the ones he stole off his sister's bike, which, sin of all sins, wasn't the exact same model, i'm ok with that.

so i apologize for not using the "sarcasm" font when i started this thread.

now i'm gonna go ride my old Colson that i put a China 2 stroke on over to the swap meet and try to find some handlebars that would feel comfortable on another Colson that i'm putting a motor on, because i don't like the stock bars, and i want to ride this bike, not keep it locked up inside my house and hang my coats from it...

that's what i meant about "cryptic" replies. i don't know when you're talking to me, what you are talking about, or who Walt is talking about, and the only point i can see you making is i can't spell "amature."

thanks. and i actually agree, if you're restoring a bike, getting all the original parts is awesome. i just hate when people get all high and mighty about it (don't mean you, poolboy.) i get enough snobbery from the roadies who think riding a bike isn't supposed to be fun.

Back