When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Matt Black Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DMNCLNR

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Been working on this for quite some time, decided to get the rest of the parts and finish it up.. Unfortunately I cannot access my original pictures but I will get them here soon.

Bike started out as a standard 90's Schwinn Cruiser with the phantom paint scheme, regular front fork, and plastic rear rack. I decided to add Original fenders, train light, stem, rear rack, chain ring, AS bolts, aftermarket chain guard, aftermarket tank, recovered leather seat, home made custom aluminum pedals with torrington caps, 3G wide 2.5 wheels, NOS cornell clipper front tire and Carlisle Studded rear (for the moto look)

My ultimate goal was a nice cruising bike that is a little out of the ordinary, although I have seen blacked out phantoms before I added a few of my own custom touches without destroying an original paint bike. The Original parts used were in sad shape and had little og paint or chrome left.

131_zps69133d9a-1.jpg

128_zpsb50c44c3-1.jpg

032_zpsa85875a4-1.jpg

Still need to powder coat some of the hardware, get the horn and light working, add a fore brake, and some accessories but for now I will ride it as is and enjoy.

Looks great and you saved a ton of money. I like the stealth look. At night it is almost invisible. Not a bad idea for a beater bike. It beats spending a small fortune on restoring it only to hear years later thats not original paint. Oh, man that gets to me! I just might try this on a bike that I passed on but now I think I might give it a go. It will probably look great, after I apply a ton of body filler here and there '-)

Last edited:
Matt Black would be a person. Mat black would be a color.

Cool bike. Is it gonna stay black? Bikes need color and chrome.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Matt Black would be a person. Mat black would be a color.

Ummm if you are gonna correct a guy maybe you should not be incorrect in your correction :confused: Matte black is a color...Mat is something you wipe your feet on;)

Love the murdered out look...

Then I was half wrong/right. Matt us my name so I know it's not a color. Wasn't trying to be critical.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mark! Black on black on black just seems to fit the phantom. As for the matte mat matt thing it really doesn't add or take away from the bike or make it pedal any smoother so no harm no foul.. Matt, the only color this bike will ever have on it is if my black girlfriend rides it:p

Hmmm, you running shine on that rack? Stealthy,fat tires, and low glare paint. Nice getaway bike!:rolleyes: Really love it though. I don't usually look at phantoms but I like this one.

Hmmm, you running shine on that rack? Stealthy,fat tires, and low glare paint. Nice getaway bike!:rolleyes: Really love it though. I don't usually look at phantoms but I like this one.

haha, Thanks.. I still have to black out a few bolts, and a fore brake, tail light, rear reflector and some accessories. Also considering adding a more vintage looking seat with a crash bar. For now its a great rider.

Dustin

Back