When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name That Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TammyN

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Unfortunately this is the best (and only) photo I have of it. Anyone recognize it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 145
It's not mine

Nice, you selling?

No. My husband sent me some photos of a few bikes in a store in another town, after he left the store. This is the one I found the most interesting, but he got only one shot and no details because it looked worthless to him. I'm thinking of making him drive back and get it, but he didn't even look at the price.

In his defense, he did bring me home a free bike last week that he thought was junk. And he was right, but it'll make a nice display for my Halloween skeleton.

Looks like there is some serious calcium build up or is it just paint? Keep us posted!

Got it.

No. My husband sent me some photos of a few bikes in a store in another town, after he left the store. This is the one I found the most interesting, but he got only one shot and no details because it looked worthless to him. I'm thinking of making him drive back and get it, but he didn't even look at the price.

In his defense, he did bring me home a free bike last week that he thought was junk. And he was right, but it'll make a nice display for my Halloween skeleton.

Looks like there is some serious calcium build up or is it just paint? Keep us posted!

I got it. What looks like calcium is a peeling, oxidized crappy second paint job. I'll post more photos tomorrow when it's light out. I don't think the hub is original - it looks a lot better than the rest of the bike. The chain and sprockets are not skip tooth. It has the 7-shaped seat post.
What's left of the seat is very rusty.

1935-38?

I think this bike is in the 1935-38 range based on old catalog pictures I've been looking at. Anyone concur? Here are some more photos. The serial number is 1311, on bottom bracket. I know that's not very useful info on prewar bikes. The hub is stamped "eclipse mach" and E4". The coaster brake arm is Morrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Not sure about the bike itself, but the chainring looks like a later model Shelby. I've got the same ring but in skip tooth.

The E4 code on the hub is 4th quarter 1935. Since it's not skip, with that date they must have changed out the sprocket?

Back