When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identify first old bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dallaspa

On Training Wheels
I'm new to the site and picked up my first old bike. I have looked at alot of pictures of old bikes and some are close but cant find one that is exactly the same. Does anyone recognize what this bike and year this might be. The only numbers I can find on the bb is 8096. I think that is a production number not a year of production. Thanks for any help.

old bike resize.JPG

It kinda looks like someone put Snyder parts on a pre war CWC frame. Different pics , showing seat clamp and serial number will help

Nice bike.
Might be a Colson taller frame.
Snyder and Colson chain ring front sprockets with 5-arms do look similar.
Maybe a 1936, (look for a letter stamp).
Welcome to the CABE!

“9608–I” September 1936 Colson.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I kinda thought it was put together. Any idea of the frame brand or estimate on year. late 30's or 40's. I looked at the cwc frames and the lower top tubes seem flatter. I will look at the Colson frames and see if they are the same. I took a pic of the seat clamp or lack of one and the numbers on the bb. The condition is bad enough that I will probably paint the frame and make a rider out of it.

bike re.JPG

resize old.JPG

Back