When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help ID this HTS

-

oldmtrcyc

I live for the CABE
Any words of wisdom on what this is? 30" Hard Tire Safety. If memory serves me correct, I had a Rudge that had similar lines, but not the same.
IMG955284.jpg

IMG955287.jpg

Any words of wisdom on what this is? 30" Hard Tire Safety. If memory serves me correct, I had a Rudge that had similar lines, but not the same.
View attachment 968093

View attachment 968094
I believe it is a Lovell but I have not seen this exact frame. It has the removal bearing on the rear wheel that you find on a Loverr. It has the seat they used in 1891. The chain is the same as on a Lovell. Here is an add for an 1891 Lovell but of a different frame design.

Lovell 91 (3).jpg

It may be a Lovell or Rudge whose frame was lowered. Notice that the current top tube is just a straight tube, and the seat post is a later "7" style post. Such a modification would have been fairly simple and would have dropped the seat a few inches--possibly helpful on a 30" wheel bike.

Back