When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help Me Identify My Bikes.

-

Aluyasha

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello, I have two vintage bikes that I need help with, I have tried finding ones like them but I have had no luck. :/
First I have a Monark (26") that is missing a few details, I want to fix it up but I am not sure exactly what kind it is . What I know about it is it came with a old all white seat but I had to replace it with a new one (once I know what bike this is I can buy the right seat for it). That is about all I know. lol
DSCF4561.gif

DSCF4562.gif

DSCF4563.gif

DSCF4571.gif

I also have a unknown vintage bike that I found in a barn a few years ago. I have looked everywhere and asked a ton of people but I cannot find out what it is! Hopefully you all can help me out.
I am not even sure if all the parts on it belong to the same bike. It has no labels or writing at all. It is just blue with white pin striping on the tire guards. I also think it is a young girls bike. It's tire covers do not match the one on my Monark and the Monark is a 26", so I am guessing the unknown bike is like a 24".
I will try to answering anyone's questions as best I can. Hopefully someone can tell me something about it. :)
DSCF4564-1.jpg

DSCF4565.gif

DSCF4566.gif

DSCF4567.gif

DSCF4569.gif

I can't help with the second, but I think it is a mish-mash of parts. The gaurd looks like its a JC Higgins, the chain ring looks like a Schwinn, and I have no idea on the frame.

You Monark is a late 50s - early 60s Huffy built bicycle. Monark used to be their own company and are more known for their aluminum Monark Silver King and Super Deluxe models before WWII and shortly after. Huffy bought out Monark in 1957/58. After that, Monark become a trim level essentially. If you look where the rear wheel bolts on the frame, there is a serial number that should start with a digit and then the letter "H". For example, "3H" would mean "1963".

The Monark is an early 60s huffy built model. The second is a CBC/Ross frame, which could have been also badged as a JC Higgins.

Back