When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-cover A Saddle Quick & Cheap.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got a piece if foam from my auto upholstery buddy.
IMG_20180719_152146.jpg

Be liberal when cutting your initial piece of leather to shape, leaving ample material to fold around the edges of the top pan. It's easy to trim excess off as you go, rather than be cut short. Leather works better if hot. Leave it set on your car hood in the hot sun for a bit, it seems to soften and expand it a little. Start from the center of the pan and work leather out to the edges , pushing the leather into the adhesive, making sure it is positioned correctly as you go. The front horn of the seat is the hardest. After I am sure it's positioned correctly [ where you won't be caught short on material somewhere ] at the point where the leather is at in photo :
010.JPG

I start on horn first, wrapping it tightly, pulling it down to the sides of the horn, then around and over tightly fold it into the end of it. When I have that looking good, then I work my way back.

Is there anyone who can restore something like this? A bit more involved but I know some of you are very talented. I would love to have this one restored.
C6365CCD-18D9-4E3F-B0C0-B26C57805F07.jpeg

C6365CCD-18D9-4E3F-B0C0-B26C57805F07.jpeg

Ride it as is it’s beautiful find something a lot worse if you wanna re cover something

Back