When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Royal Navy issued jack/clasp knife

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Price
75. shipped
Zipcode

Major Taylor Archive

I live for the CABE
These were produced for the Royal Navy between 1940-1986 by Joseph Rodgers Cutlery, Sheffield England. Note the star and cross hallmark which they registered in 1764. I'm not sure how old it is, at least 37 years old, probably older. It features a sheepsfoot blade, marlin spike, screwdriver/pryer and a large lanyard loop. It has a really nice, non-slip textured surface. It's 4 3/4" long when closed and 8" open. The blade alone is 3" long. This thing is beefy, it weighs just over half a pound. The blade and spike are tight (no side to side play) and still snap open. The only issue is that the blade is not 100% straight, it sits closer to one side when closed (it's hardly noticeable when open). It closes fully, just closer to one side. The lanyard loop is also slightly bent so it won't fold in close to the knife. This should be an easy fix. It could use a good cleaning and some oil on the joints. You will receive it as found. Asking $75. NOW $55. shipped to the lower 48. PM me if interested. Thanks !
IMG_6008.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

IMG_6013.jpeg

IMG_6016.jpeg

IMG_6020.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

IMG_6009.jpeg

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6014.jpeg

IMG_6018.jpeg

Last edited:
For an old Royal Navy knife, this is in outstanding condition.
Most often the blades are overused and ground down to a
nub or scratched beyond belief. This is clean and straight with
a nice edge. Same with the marlin spike. It's a perfect example
ready for anyone's knife collection. Good luck with the sale. 😎

Back