When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 87 Prologue Under the radar!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Here is one that I had never heard about until I saw this one. 87 Schwinn Prologue. This was sold as only a frame set and you equipped it as you liked. Right below the Paramount. I was going to upgrade it but decided to leave it as a snapshot of how the guy back then did it.

Always a story with Bob! This popped up last year. I asked the seller a couple questions got no reply and it disappeared. OK sold. 4 months later it reappears. Exact same listing. He answers questions this time. He did the sellers game "these are hot" "check ebay" yada yada. I make a offer and get "got a guy coming Sat to look at it, keep checking and if it goes poof he bought it" I took that to mean make a higher offer which I did not. It went poof. Couple months ago it's back after being gone 6 months. No questions this time, I make a offer $80 less than before and he says "when do you want to pick it up?"

He was a nice guy. He said he and his wife constantly have thousands of things for sale on the internet. So we mostly talked about the logistics of that. No thanks to that for me!

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

-----

great find!

the stem/bar set is probably worth the purchase price alone

were these done in Greenville? elsewhere?

-----

-----

great find!

-----
Head badge looks like it was screwed on not riveted. So I would guess it was made in the states.

-----

great find!

-----
National Bicycle (Panasonic, Japan) same vendor as the later PDG Series "designed by Dave Staub" at Schwinn Sales West.

Real Road Bikes have brake levers with cables, downtube shifters, AND pedals with clips/straps.

John

Congrats on scoring a great bike, I'm partial to the grey/black paint scheme on these but the red/white is handsome too, and it's what's underneath the paint that counts. I came very close to acquiring one awhile back but came across an '85 Peloton instead, similar in the Schwinn performance hierarchy and also Panasonic-built. Good enough.

That red splattered bar tape is wild! Pretty awesome piece Bob!

Beautiful bike! Great story. I recently had a similar experience with a local listing. Made a guy a fair offer on a bike 2 years ago and then it disappeared. Recently reappeared from the same seller and I got it for $60 less than my original offer. Glad you were able to add that bike to your collection!

Thanks! GT was not sure I was going to be able to reuse the bar tape but I also liked it. Thought it would be to short but ended up being plenty long. Sellers are funny. You would think they would want to sell things but for so many it seems a bother.

Back