When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Crank Date Codes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
@draggin61 posted an early camel back Schwinn. He pulled the crank and it isn't dated. So who has the earliest dated crank? His bike has the Banner badge which, as I understand, was used up to about '17. I'm assuming his bike predates when the cranks were marked. What say ye Schwinn gurus? @dasberger what is the earliest you've seen?

@draggin61 posted an early camel back Schwinn. He pulled the crank and it isn't dated. So who has the earliest dated crank? His bike has the Banner badge which, as I understand, was used up to about '17. I'm assuming his bike predates when the cranks were marked. What say ye Schwinn gurus? @dasberger what is the earliest you've seen?
I thought I have seen a '61 dated crank, I have a 1961 in my other storage unit I will pull the crank when I get a chance. Someone on here must know when the stampings started. Maybe I saw a weak stamped '67 and mistook it for '61.

I thought I have seen a '61 dated crank, I have a 1961 in my other storage unit I will pull the crank when I get a chance. Someone on here must know when the stampings started. Maybe I saw a weak stamped '67 and mistook it for '61.
The coding goes back to at least the early '30s and probably before that. Anyone pulled any teens dated cranks?

1916 date on the crank of this one.
6B29EC28-DBB8-4C7F-9C31-821218EE89B9.jpeg

62975E55-128C-4A3F-A7C9-21BED5474686.jpeg

The serial number is just three digits, so I think that puts it just after the one millionth turnover, so I consider the bike to be a 1917 model.
But the crank is dated 1916.

Back