When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn tiger 3-speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The 26" bikes were available with 1, 2 or 3 speeds. The 3 speeds had caliper brakes, the single and 2 speeds had coaster brakes. I believe the 24" bikes didn't offer 3 speeds. The earlier 2 speeds were manual and would have one cable to change speed, the later automatics changed gear by back-pedaling ("kickback") and didn't use any cables. If your hub has 3 red bands around the middle it's an automatic, 1 band means it's a single speed. The torque arm also was stamped "Automatic" on the 2 speeds.

Hey @cadillacbike just out of curiosity, exactly how much later were you going to post those pictures?
I forgot I posted lol here you go

1581978811397-648205700.jpg

1581978846202-845845651.jpg

1581979062996441354434.jpg

15819790962701990236056.jpg

Thanks for posting! This helped me with a question about one of my bikes. Evidently the early Tiger and Corvette both used Troxel seats, but the Corvette version had a crash rail and chrome springs. The one on my bike looks like it never had a crash rail and the springs are painted, so it was probably originally a Tiger. That's a nice bike you have, I like that green!

Thanks for posting! This helped me with a question about one of my bikes. Evidently the early Tiger and Corvette both used Troxel seats, but the Corvette version had a crash rail and chrome springs. The one on my bike looks like it never had a crash rail and the springs are painted, so it was probably originally a Tiger. That's a nice bike you have, I like that green!
Thanks I need to clean it. You had me laughing today. I forgot I posted it. 9 years later lmao

The 26" bikes were available with 1, 2 or 3 speeds. The 3 speeds had caliper brakes, the single and 2 speeds had coaster brakes. I believe the 24" bikes didn't offer 3 speeds. The earlier 2 speeds were manual and would have one cable to change speed, the later automatics changed gear by back-pedaling ("kickback") and didn't use any cables. If your hub has 3 red bands around the middle it's an automatic, 1 band means it's a single speed. The torque arm also was stamped "Automatic" on the 2 speeds.
24 inch 59 corvette 3spd all original

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

Back