When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shorty Levers

-

1817cent

Riding my 41 Super Deluxe Autocycle
One is fake and one is real. Can you tell the difference?

20230515_090816.jpg

20230515_090925.jpg

20230515_090957.jpg

Horrible stuff....will always eventually screw people down the road...
People who make this garbage should be BANNED from the hobby.
Forgery hell.
Sorry to vent, and nothing but love for Jay... not an attack..
just my opinion on parts like this.
I've seen people get burned with the fender bombs...and other parts...
unpleasant buying potential....

Last edited:
The reproduction levers are thinner gauge and have a slight kink in the lever. The curve doesn’t flow like the original levers so to speak.
Yes! Quite noticeable out of the gate for sure! But I've seen people re-contour the durn things! ouch
then add some distressing...then ...eesh... on and on it goes...
Be nice if some of the repro stuff gets some sort of deep stamp or indicator that was obvious...
but then...maybe not a 'go to' once clearly marked

My point in putting this post out there was to educate. The fake shorty levers are pretty good (Mark indicates the differences above) also the fastening band is chrome.
The fake lever above has had the chrome ground off the strap, been soaked in a vinegar and salt solution for a week and finally buried in the back yard for 6 months to age. It probably would fool the uneducated and maybe some others in our hobby. Know what you are buying as there is considerable cost differences between the two levers and no one wants to be ripped off!!

Back