When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Singing the praises of Kroil penetrant

-

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Once again, Kroil saved the day!!!
Digging through an old box of goodies, I found a real rusty pair of TOC rat traps. One was actually eaten away through the years.
To my complete surprise, I was actually able to remove ALL 8 screws holding the cages to the pedal body. This included one support, where the "meat" of the mount had been eaten away to the point that some of the threads of the screw were exposed through the rotted/missing mounting boss. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! Kroil, I wuv you! Anyone that tries to save old Iron really needs to add this stuff to their arsenal of tools.
*** of course, lots of tapping and repeated soaks were needed to remove all 8 screws, but still.... 3 actually came out like butter ***

It is great stuff. I use it all he time. A few years ago I had a 1913 Pope motorcycle engine that was locked up. I soaked it with Kroil for a few days, and broke it free. still hag good compression too!

As a heads up the Kano website has a trial offer going that whatever you buy you get another for free, so 2 for 1. I have tried a lot of their products with great results. Only thing I use. Whenever I see someone using it I know they mean bidness!! 1 note if you are going to be doing any painting on the bike do not use Silikroil the one with silicone.

Last edited:
The nasty pedals....
DSC05579.JPG
DSC05580.JPG
DSC05581.JPG
DSC05582.JPG
DSC05584.JPG
DSC05586.JPG
DSC05588.JPG
DSC05583.JPG
DSC05589.JPG

Back