When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

That broke down early tandem frame in the garage

-

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
I've heard many people say the best two days of tandem ownership are when you buy it and when you sell it- well allow me to give you the latter opportunity!

I have a number of 1890's tandem projects I'm working on, nearly all of which are missing vital hardware.

I'm sure many of you have early tandem frames hiding away, if you are interested in moving that project along let me know.
Best,

Jesse

I've heard many people say the best two days of tandem ownership are when you buy it and when you sell it- well allow me to give you the latter opportunity!

I have a number of 1890's tandem projects I'm working on, nearly all of which are missing vital hardware.

I'm sure many of you have early tandem frames hiding away, if you are interested in moving that project along let me know.
Best,

Jesse
I've still got my Stormer convertible frame that you were mentally trying to put together young fella!

Just the thread I was looking for. As a new member they have placed me on training wheels, so be kind with your advice as I ask some very basic questions with regard to TOC tandems. First I will add my bit of tandem riding wisdom. Before you purchase a tandem to ride with your significant other try hanging wallpaper together. If your relationship can survive that experience then, and only then should you consider a tandem for fun and relaxation. Now, I have a TOC tandem in parts. I have had it hanging over me, both literally and figuratively as a restoration project for five years. In that time things have changed. Retirement, ambition and other hobbies have changed my desire to try to put this thing together. I have this attitude in large part to the effort it would take to find or reverse engineer miss parts. So, let’s say, just for discussion, that I would like to part with this very old relic, but I don’t want to sell it piece by piece. How would I go about pricing the entire group and would any of you seasoned, hardcore wrenches be interested in a package like that?

I'm still looking for the two left-side crank arms for my Acme Stormer tandem! Cottered, 6.5" long.

Back