When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using citristrip to remove paint.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Big Moe

I live for the CABE
How well does it work? I'm getting ready to strip the Twin. Or should I just have it media blasted?

20200808_170405.jpg

The times i’ve used it I haven’t had very good results. This is the paint remover I use, let sit for 10-15 minutes, the paint blisters up and sometimes changes color, use a plastic brush and rips the paint right off.

+1 on blasting, kills two birds with one stone. I chemically stripped this frame and then had to deal with all the damn rust. So I blasted it after the chemical strip verses giving it a bath in a tub of acid. I don't do chemical strips anymore, waste of time. ;)

Thank you GTs58,

I especially appreciate the contrasting photos since they are very helpful to the learning process; that’s the crazy thing about this hobby and many others, I guess. Sometimes, you got to pony-up to get the desired result or have the appropriate equipment..... I’m still learning:)

Back