When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
Done... 10 minutes ago! Fixed this up for a friend who bought it new as a kid with his paper route money and wanted to be able to ride it again. How many people actually kept that beloved bike from their youth?

The bike works like a top but as he is 60 years old will his back tolerate those bars?

View attachment 1685234
Doubt anyone will like the idea. If he doesn't like riding it this way, the handlebars could be flipped like a lot of them got when I was a kid.

What are you using to preserve it? I used turtle wax, so far so good. When my son saw it sort of put together with paint stripped, he insisted it stay like this.View attachment 1694604
That looks great! I still haven't decided on the exact finish I will be going for, so no decision on what to use to preserve it. I like the Turtle Wax idea!
I really like the raw look on certain frames, yours looks awesome!

That looks great! I still haven't decided on the exact finish I will be going for, so no decision on what to use to preserve it. I like the Turtle Wax idea!
I really like the raw look on certain frames, yours looks awesome!
Thank you! It looks better now. Since then it's been re-scuffed with scotch Brite so it's more even

Picked up one Tuesday.
I must admit I have 2 other projects on the back burner, that once into them, they just haven't tripped my trigger.
BUT! I'm excited about getting started on this 47 Shelby! Right now, I'm in the eyeballing stage, gathering new ideas.

Welded brackets to hold the slimline tank, added a nexus 3, new tires, headlamp, adding thumb shifter and welding the horn holes on the tank next

Back