When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is a reasonable way to ship a bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If your friend comes to visit sometime, perhaps Amtrak (Texas Eagle) would allow a bike rolled into the checked baggage car?

Tried Pirate Ship pricing and it's almost exactly the same as Bike Flights (using same location from a previous order). Pirate Ship will be a good alternative for shipping other stuff too.

If anyone has used pirate ship, does it work the same as bike flights and ship bikes where they are considered the "shipper/sender?" It doesn't happen that often but sometimes I need to change the shipping address from my home to the UPS store (because I knew I would not be at home and didn't want it to sit out). With BF and SB they are technically the sender even though they just supplied the label. Only they can make changes to the order. So you have to deal with them versus just being able to go onto your UPS order online and quickly making the change. Is pirate ship considered the sender?

One very bad thing about UPS- DON'T BUY THEIR INSURANCE IF YOU PACK AND BOX YOURSELF!!!
If you read their fine print in the shipping contract, they DO NOT PAY if you box it. They only insure what they box. I took UPS to court some years ago and won my case for damages UPS caused.

I lost a computer in another country Taiwan they destroyed it ..USPS payed only half of the cost but they do pay you.. just keep all info and records of it.. I suggest packing it tightly with the box made to it.. you build your own box..your paying the cost in inches to ship..I cut my cost in half by building my own box and also make sure it's protected with packing materials.. definitely have insurance .it saves problems in the future..

I lost a computer in another country Taiwan they destroyed it ..USPS payed only half of the cost but they do pay you.. just keep all info and records of it.. I suggest packing it tightly with the box made to it.. you build your own box..your paying the cost in inches to ship..I cut my cost in half by building my own box and also make sure it's protected with packing materials.. definitely have insurance .it saves problems in the future..
There talking ups, not usps

Which shipping company does Pirateship work with? I used shipbikes about 5 years ago and they worked with Fedex.

Which shipping company does Pirateship work with? I used shipbikes about 5 years ago and they worked with Fedex.
Just bought a label for CA to TX for $65 full insurance (box size - 48x7x30). I might be using pirateship from here on out ($10 cheaper than bikeflights)...

Transporting your bike becomes easier with the common bike shipment options all around the world such as FedEx, DHL, UPS, and others. Bike shipping cost will be around $50 to $250, it also depends on your bike's weight and size.

Back