When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

work benches, garages, bicycle labs ... come one come all

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
S

sbusiello

since i am a relative newbie, and i do more on the spot home repairs rather than garage building/fixing one of the projects i have lined up is to build a workbench out of pallets... yes that is right... pallets. :)

i went to the local school who had some beauties today [ i am assuming they were throwing them out ] and i took 1 small, 2 medium and one 8 foot. The school is close to my house so i walked over at 11pm when everyone was sleeping and walked back with the 8 foot.

so i was hoping you guys can inspire me to greatness and post some snaps of where you do your cool fixups and restores and maybe give me some hints on what you think is essential for my setup...

thanks!

found this

i found a million pix on google... but thought this was interesting and could be a simplistic complimentary piece to a small maybe 4-6 ft work bench.

bikeworkbench.jpg

This is kinda a "Where's Waldo"... only a where's my workbench.... I need help!!!

Attachments

• DSC01679.JPG
    DSC01679.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 236
Midnight hardware....hmmmm......or in your case dumpster diving, might fit better.
I have found that pallet wood is unfinished and extremely coase for the counter top.
Am considering constructing an outside deck made of pallets. Just to raise the decking off the ground. Thinking of covering the top with plywood.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
JD there is a really cool website called diypallet something something..Google will find it... :)

It is funny there are different varieties of pallets. Some coarse and some quite good. Yesterday I found a bit of both...so I will definitely have a sanding session to smooth.

What do people think are the essentials?

I am really leaning towards an arm hook system and a 4 ft bench. I have all the basic tools, socket wrenches etc. I just need a vise. I have been hitting CL

Back