When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB license plate straps

-

Jon Marinello

Finally riding a big boys bike
I need a handful of these (see pic).

FF586FC1-A5D8-473E-80B7-FCC8056A066C.jpeg

I reached out to the seller and asked if these are adjustable and he replied that they are not. Do any of you have experience using these and if so, how did you secure a license plate snuggly?

None are adjustable, defeats the purpose of a one-time use seal. They are easy to bend around the frame stays, truss rods, etc for a snug fit. I bought a gross over a decade ago, have used and given most away. They are easy to distress/patina too. Here are the remnants of what I’ve been using and sharing:

55B439E6-357B-4501-8DFC-EDFC059B9032.jpeg

Not sure how long the ones on eBay I posted are, but that link was intended to give you the idea of where and how to find some easily and on the cheap.

Last edited:
Your seem to be shorter and better for my application. Would it be possible for me to just buy your remaining inventory?

The standard length work really well, and are exactly like the ones used originally back in the day.
You just figure out where you want it and snap the strap and tuck it in or double the excess back over on itself.
You'll see, once you try it out.
The beauty of buying a large quantity, is that if you don't like it where it is, just cut it off and try it again.
If your looking for a cleaner application, like around the truss rods or something, then I use the Stewart Warner speedometer cable straps.
They don't prevent against theft, but the do make for a nicer looking application.

Back