When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another question about badges...

-
I have a 1936 Motorbike frame that's missing the head badge ( mounting holes are 2 5/8 inches apart). I still can't find a prewar Schwinn head badge that fits it.

This is all very interesting information about badges and it helps to narrow it down, and yet add more confusion to the history. When were planes and trains last used? Also, thanks for the clarification regarding the head tube.

Hey Dunigan, post a picture of your Mahowald badge if you can. I googled around a bit on it, there's some info out there on a Mahowald Cycle shop.

Cheers, Geoff

Badge

Hey Dunigan, post a picture of your Mahowald badge if you can. I googled around a bit on it, there's some info out there on a Mahowald Cycle shop.

Cheers, Geoff

Heres a picture of the badge,
vintage schwinn mahowalds.jpg

The quality isnt great, but its still ok.

Interesting badge. Looks somewhat squared off with straight edges? Haven't seen one like that.

Google 'Mahowald Cycle Shop' (or something to that effect) and it turns up an old shop. I didn't do much more than just see that stuff came up on google.

Would be interesting to see if the paint behind the badge is weathered in the shape of this badge or if perhaps it's weathered in the shape of the usual oval badge with this one being put on later. But the badge on there seems to match the wear level of the rest of the bike, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was on there since new.

Cheers, Geoff

Back