When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

-
Good question, but it's not actually in the Shelby aisle... just looks that way cuz there's a lot on the top shelf. ;)
Chris

Still lots to do to this 39 yet. But, warm weather yesterday got me antsie to tear into it. Removed the basket and rear rack. Dry fitted two different style rims and tires to get an idea which way to go.
Considering the condition of the bike and sporting no chrome I think the dull red dropcenter with the blackwall Carlisle Lightning Darts is a good choice. Whitewalls might look better but just don't have a decent set right now.

3b97cf41cff85ced44802a18cefac437-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Hi, I am currently building my firestone Cruiser aka
bullnose. And I need the exact measurement (Length in CM) of the rear fender from edge to edge.
I hope you can help me! Thanks..

Yeah there seems to be alot of Colsons unearthed lately.

Update on the 39 Goodyear Colson I recently got. Thinks these red Colson dropcenters and Carlisle Darts will stay for a while. Now to clean the daggum bike. Sure is a crusty one. But, officially rescued as a yard art bike.

f348ab41c0e1f8ba39f8cd3588be4eb2-1.jpg

6f620652f866ca13b8f0e9d7c7ebc364-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

I really like these frames, both John's & Scott's LWB, very interested in where they're going.

Love those bars there rustjunkie. Hey what size tires you got on that Colson and brand they look like Schwalbe.

There seems to be a run of what we used to call "puke green" Colson's lately. Here's mine, recently picked up from a good Caber. Serial #s 69790, small 8 on top. F 7 below. Thinking that it's an early 38 ???. This is pretty much a blank canvas, grabbed the correct peaked fenders, would a turkey leg chain guard be appropriate, I've not seen one w/ this chainring. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• P1010053.jpg
    P1010053.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 271
Back