When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manta Ray produced in 1970 value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jpcdds

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just wondering if a 1971 manta ray would have increased value if produced in 1970? It has an MF serial number so December1970. I assume it would be considered more rare and one if the first ones produced. If value does increase... by about how much? Thanks John

Just wondering if a 1971 manta ray would have increased value if produced in 1970? It has an MF serial number so December1970. I assume it would be considered more rare and one if the first ones produced. If value does increase... by about how much? Thanks John
The components were produced in 1970 and used on a bike in 1971. Most parts datedDec were used on bikes for the next year. It is common for parts to have the previous year date stamp even cranks. Manta rays are valuable because they are rare ,unless it is a pristene original and you could prove it was the first off the line then I would think it would hold more value.Please post pictures we all love pics. Good luck

Thanks guys. I own multiple mantas but wasn’t sure if date of production had any affect on value. I own them because i just think they’re are super unique bikes and obviously the seat is the thing. Other than that I didn’t know what affects value beyond color and brake type. Thanks

Here’s a picture as requested

1C1C8766-4C3B-4E47-9D47-6CCE4D9E2403.png

Back