When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1894 Remington 41126

-

kirk thomas

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This bike is in complete condition. It was found in a barn covered with a tarp for the last 40 or so. The barn was falling down and this is one thing that was saved. You guys know what I have and hope you can help me figure out what I should do with it as it is local history around here. The Headbadge has 3 patents of 1892,93, 94 with a model number. The rims are 28" wood and the spokes have wires on them at the crossover points. The rims both spin freely. The sprocket appears to be a fixed gear and the wood is undamaged. The pedals have Remington script also the end cap on the cork handle grip. The chain is a big block chain with a nut and bolt master link. The seat is a Christy I think. The height at the seat post is 22 1/2" form center of the bottom bracket to the top of the frame. The headtube is 11 1/2". I will get a better shot of the badge tomorrow. I do not know much about this kind of bike it is to old for me but I may keep this one. If anyone wants to let me know how much you think I would appreciate it. Thank You All and enjoy.View attachment 481381 View attachment 481382 View attachment 481383 View attachment 481384 View attachment 481386 View attachment 481388 View attachment 481389 View attachment 481390 View attachment 481391 View attachment 481392

p1220638-jpg.jpg

Usually a ladies bike such as this will fetch roughly $500.00, but since this has a Christie style saddle and has the Remington Arms heritage, it may bring $1500.00+

Perfect - and I mean perfect candidate for a slow cleaning and keeping it exactly together.

NICE!!! Keep it... Clean it....Ride it... I'm betting the original paint is there, but be careful there may be some pin striping there also.. Great find!!

nice , let me know if a price is established , like all bikes of the cool factor , it is worth more selling the parts . it is just like all other nice ladies bikes from that era , to sell it for 1,500.00 ,put tires on it , clean it up , you are near 2,000 , for 2,000 you can buy an earlier bike , that has extreme cool factor .. my restored ladies bike , has been on the market for about 3 months , Greg Barron , thought he had it sold to a California museum my price 1,500, they said it was to much , I do not know what Greg was brokering it for , , you could not do my wheel set for 1,000 , the nickle is done on my bike , a lady friend rode it 100 miles , so it is tested in the road. ,The nameplate , is worth some money , the Christy seat , also , .. I do not think they were manufactured , by Remington ,. most companies -just put there nameplate on the bikes . On some interesting bikes.. things were done to set them apart from the every day bikes - ,You have a very nice example , I would leave it just as found , it is a treasure the way it is . If you start messing around trying to make it pretty -It will take away the cool ,. my opinion and I have been doing this for many years -I will sell my beautiful wheel set for 1,000 , [email protected] , thanks for the space

Wow this sounds like I would like to put my money in my men's bikes as I do not really do this old. I am into the 30's-50's. I will do some more research. They do have a men's bike in the Remington Museum in Ilion. Thanks always!

Does anyone know any info on the headbadge? I have seen them and they all have 6 numbers on them and mine has only 5 numbers. I think that number is a serial or a model number.

Back