When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestion?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cool diagram! Im old school -- just back from a bicycle store and can honestly say I didnt see anything I liked better than what I have.
Do the truss rods actually do anything on that particular bicycle? Had some on a Western Flyer and I dont think they did, or maybe they did -- solid fork, no spring.

Truss rods help strengthen the forks, and they are cool as all get out.

Yes they are -- that Western Flyer was a late 50's pretty much run of the mill bicycle, and of course I no longer have it. :(

Back in those good 'ol days ...... it was a "hot date" when we gave our girlfriends a ride on our bikes with them sitting on the handlebars!!:cool:
Those truss rods helped carry their weight "directly over the front wheel" and it helped keep the fork from buckling forward....
Same is true when us paperboys had a MEGA "WALD" newspaper basket mounted on the handlebars! (Those Sunday papers were like bricks!)
And then (of course) there was those "tricksters" who would "T-Bone" a curb or Parked Car like bone-heads.....to see what would give out first:confounded:
( My First-hand experience on examples "1" & "2" above .... just a "witness" on that last example :p ) Cheers! CCR Dave

Back