When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1932 Schwinn built Motobike in CT

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$600 / or $500 sans drop stand
Zipcode

Allrounderco

I live for the CABE
Here is a bike I was really excited to have acquired a few years back, and enjoyed owning and riding. Last year, I pulled it out only twice, and it was more out of a sense of obligation, than anything else. Therefore, I feel it's time to let it go to someone who will appreciate it as I once did. It's obviously weathered and worn, but still quite a rider. In fact, when I was still an office worker, I commuted on this regularly (only 5mi one way half on road, half on paved MUP).

The chain was new (Union, I believe) three years ago.
Same for the modern Specialized Trigger cyclocross tubulars - this thing rides silky smooth.
Wheelset is clad wood with ND hubs (C rear, front I forget).

I purchased the bike (here on the CABE) sans wheels/tires, grips, pedals, chain and drop stand. So at minimum, those bits are not original. The dropstand clip itself, however, came with the bike. I also have a kick stand which came with the bike, and will be included.

Finish is WD40 and 0000 steel wool, with a wipe of boiled linseed oil on the painted parts. There appears to be almost no nickel or chrome remaining, although an OA bath might prove me wrong. Almost everything turns freely, seat post and stem slide in and out, chain adjusters turn. One exception to that is the handlebar clamp. I wasn't comfortable applying more than a very modest amount of force on the screw. I would have tried some heat, or more force if it weren't for the fact that the bar angle is, in fact, just right for me. Another exception would be the spoke nipples. The wheels spin true, and hold my weight (160lbs) so I left them alone.

This bike needs nothing - ride it home. There are two defects I need to point out, however. One, which is obvious from the last photo, is the holes drilled in the down tube and seat post (motor plate maybe?). I'd planned to weld them closed, but at some point they stopped bothering me. The second defect is the handlebar has a distinct center. What I mean by that, is that it feels like it has one of those Velo Orange steering stabilizers on it. I only notice it when the bike is parked. It's not really perceptible when riding. I'm guessing the steering tube or headset might have an issue. I want to stress that the bike rides fine - I can no hand it, even. But it is something odd, and worthy of mention.

Absolutely no shipping at this time. I know all you veterans can pack a bike well in an hour or two, but the few I've done seem to take half a day. I've been complemented on my packing in the past, so there's that, but I have no interest in anything aside from an in-person deal. I am happy to bring it to the Wethersfield, CT bike festival, and maybe a future Dudley meet (I don't think I can make the upcoming one).

Best wishes to all in your searches, and ride safe - Wilson

Back