When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Mead Ranger Original Paint Masterpiece

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Tires were date stamped 1966 so yes. They were replaced at some time in the bike's 80 year life. ;)

No marks on the frame to show any other chain guard was mounted either so it's all good.

AS bolts on springer. Decal remnants on seat mast under the chain guard mount and on the steer tube.

Both rims have Lobdell ink stamp remnants.

It's an odd Ranger for sure.

Could be a special order...jobber assembled....one trick pony.

It's all cleaned up now so when it cools down and I get it back out in the sun, I'll post some glamour shots.

Last edited:
Great looking machine ... just gonna throw this out there .. in the car world - motorcycle world - bicycle world - etc. people tend to make things their own version of whatever it is by adding things to make the item unique & their own - yes you could even special order something from whatever you are modifying to your taste & there are even some people never touch something they buy completely as in the catalog or brochure

I can assure you that I am not the person to leave something exactly as purchased - I am sure that's not a new concept - This bicycle has the personality of the previous owner or owners as many we see & run across in the hobby - to speculate this has never been modified with the addition of lights - or the three speed - or whatever since new is crazy - we all do it so why not this bicycle

The original features from the factory bicycle are in amazing condition - the add ons are just showing the love for the bicycle by the owner & how they added what they liked or made them happy for the convenience or comfort of this bicycle when being ridden not hidden .. great bicycle any way you look at it .. congrats for being the current caretaker - time for a full service & a maiden voyage - enjoy the ride - Frank

Congratulations, how did you get it out?, is there a little bend in that stem?, don't think Cycle trucks ever used that style stem so probable just optional long stem.

I used a 3/8-16 tap to thread the stem hole. Then used 12" hardened threaded rod and vice grips. Rod bottomed out on the wedge and a couple turns later it popped loose.

Wedge with what remains of the stem bolt. It was bottomed out in the steer tube so the stem bolt has the nice bend to it.

Back