When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1940 Indian 640B Sport Scout Military Motorcycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$20,000
Zipcode

kunzog

I live for the CABE
Due to a worsening health condition, I have decided to sell my Military Motorcycle. Cant kick it anymore and probably wont be able to ride a 2 wheeler again. It is a 1940 Indian 640 B Sport Scout 45 cubic inch not the more common 741 30.50. Over 35 years ago, I purchased this motorcycle along with another skirted fender Scout from Gordon Barbee's motorcycle shop, Huntsville, Alabama. I made a deal with a machinist friend to restore the skirted fender scout. In exchange he would get the military scout. Just a few years ago, I had the opportunity to buy back the military scout. It has had a complete restoration, rebuilt engine and transmission, probaby only ridden 200 miles or so since being restored. Many nos parts went into the build. It has a straight exhaust pipe but I have a complete new header, muffler and exhaust pipe that will go with it. It is left side foot clutch and right side hand shift and throttle. Spark advance is on the left but the RH throttle and spark advance can be easily switched to return to correct Indian left hand throttle. It has a military style ignition switch. New wiring harness, blackout light on front and rear fender. Side stand and center stand. Rare skid plate under engine case. The speedometer is not correct, it is from an earlier Indian. I have a collection of service manuals for it. Fairly priced at $20,000 Titled in South Carolina, Pick up in South Carolina, near Charleston. I can not crate or deliver. If your first contact is to make a Low Ball offer or ask me If I will take less, our conversation will end right there.

DSC_0971.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

_DSC7581.jpg

DSC_0966.jpg

DSC_9532.jpg

DSC_9561.jpg

DSC_9563.jpg

Last edited:
Due to a worsening health condition, I have decided to sell my Military Motorcycle. Cant kick it anymore and probably wont be able to ride a 2 wheeler again. It is a 1940 Indian 640 B Sport Scout 45 cubic inch not the more common 741 30.50. Over 35 years ago, I purchased this motorcycle along with another skirted fender Scout from Gordon Barbee's motorcycle shop, Huntsville, Alabama. I made a deal with a machinist friend to restore the skirted fender scout. In exchange he would get the military scout. Just a few years ago, I had the opportunity to buy back the military scout. It has had a complete restoration, rebuilt engine and transmission, probaby only ridden 200 miles or so since being restored. Many nos parts went into the build. It has a straight exhaust pipe but I have a complete new header, muffler and exhaust pipe that will go with it. It is left side foot clutch and right side hand shift and throttle. Spark advance is on the left but the RH throttle and spark advance can be easily switched to return to correct Indian left hand throttle. It has a military style ignition switch. New wiring harness, blackout light on front and rear fender. Side stand and center stand. Rare skid plate under engine case. The speedometer is not correct, it is from an earlier Indian. I have a collection of service manuals for it. Fairly priced at $20,000 Titled in South Carolina, Pick up in South Carolina, near Charleston. I can not crate or deliver. If your first contact is to make a Low Ball offer or ask me If I will take less, our conversation will end right there.

View attachment 1245146

View attachment 1245147

View attachment 1245148

View attachment 1245149

View attachment 1245150

View attachment 1245151

View attachment 1245153
Brian, do you still have your red skirted Scout, and if so do you intend to sell it? Thanks, Martin Alexander

Back