When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Schwinn Hollywood spring fork/tank deluxe bike (saved from 'burning man' fate)----F/S

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
The Desert droogies were going to turn this one into a "burning man" cruiser...a fate
worse than death! I purchased it for the rear carrier and would offer the bike sans carrier and seat core
complete as shown and described.
In a nut shell:
I had a key made for the cycle lock, Good used Torrington 9 pedals, embossed 1 year tank,
no chrome left really but orig 41 Lobdells, Nice fender light cover, lens has a crack, good front
fender, rear has skirt holes. Large glass GloBrite reflector, Nice AS stem, super straight
guard, Miller stand.
650.oo as you see her minus rack and seat. I can also roll the fenders free of dents / dings etc N/C
(would throw in the modern seat and rear wheel if needed.)
If no takers?

For Parts she goes as follows.

(Please hold off on parts inquiries or requests ....hoping to find a taker for all 1st before the parts go)

Locking springer 150.00 fits ladies prewar frame or tall mens frames
Fender light springer 41 fender set with good light top 185.00 and 1 & 1/2" glass Glo Brite reflector
Super nice Prewar AS Stem 80.00 bars if needed thrown in
Straight hard to find blue deluxe guard 145.00
Embossed Deluxe tank 125.00
Lobdell 41 wheel set ...restorable, no shiny semblance of chrome left 90.00
Uncommon CHALLENGER shield badge 75.00
Miller stand 40.00

41 Frame w/ crank, cups, chaintighteners, hardware basics 50.00
Torrington pedals 50.00 (some chrome here, decent blocks)

[email protected]
or PM here....

I'll try and get some better pictures posted of the bike once assembled

I'll take the head badge. Barry

I should have read the whole ad before telling you I wanted the badge. I just noticed you wanted to try and sell the whole thing first.

Last edited:
I'm getting more interest in parts than the whole....
anyone ? last call on the complete 41 minus rack and seat.....

I'm getting more interest in parts than the whole....
anyone ? last call on the complete 41 minus rack and seat.....
I've been looking for a front light like that for so long now.
Let me know, please.
I don't NEED the fenders but if the price is right....

Why would anyone want to part out such a classic?
most of these aren't museum pieces, and no one is going to give you the "value" of them once you've put your time/funds/energy into them.
I doubt anyone here would "want" to part out such classics, but the reality of economics and practicality come into play at some point and decisions must be made.
They all can't, and will not be, saved.

bike ended up in bits...and most was listed in the parts section....
fork, fenders and possibly wheels are sold

most of these aren't museum pieces, and no one is going to give you the "value" of them once you've put your time/funds/energy into them.
I doubt anyone here would "want" to part out such classics, but the reality of economics and practicality come into play at some point and decisions must be made.
They all can't, and will not be, saved.
I guess you're right. Sometimes, they're just beyond hope. Like the Schwinn Racer that I bought a couple years ago. The guy took it back and refunded me because the rims were rusted solid inside and the internal transmission gears were shot. If anything, I guess the OP's bike is like an organ donor.

Last edited:
I guess you're right. Sometimes, they're just beyond hope. Like the Schwinn Racer that I bought a couple years ago. The guy took it back and refunded me because the rims were rusted solid inside and the internal transmission gears were shot. If anything, I guess the OP's bike is like an organ donor.
That's a great way to look at it. I'm just like you, and I bet a lot of us here feel similar about these bikes. I started on this path by buying a cool looking Meteor springer fork from a guy on this site (never have been able to find him again. I wanted to thank him for it).
It was rusty and had been in a curb fight that it lost.
A little cutting, cleaning, welding, and sawing later brought it back to life and I was off to the races with old bikes ever since, but I don't buy "showroom" bikes. because of my budget I buy the old parts and pieces and put together what I think are interesting, unique, one-of-a-kind bicycles that I love to ride.
I bought the fenders and light set from this bike and I've been buying pieces here and there all winter.
I'm putting it all on my greatest and best effort to date.
I'll be posting pics but it's winter here now so I'm slowed down until I can get some paint on things.

Back