When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Murray Kmart All Pro 3-Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Murray of Ohio manufactured this bike. They used straight guage steel tubing, internally brazed which was an economical way to make a frame. The rear hub is a Shimano 333 unit which uses a plunger rod to select gearing. The rims are chrome plated steel, also a Murray made item. They are stamped EA3 M.O. Mfg., with EA3 designating the compatible tire size. The paint color is called Flamboyant Green, which was a factor in my decision to purchase this one. My pictures don't do the color justice! Thanks for the interest, slowride. By the way, if you noticed, Detroit, Mi. is printed on the downtube decal, as that was home base for S.S. Kresge, owner of Kmart at the time this bike was made. Cheers.
Yes Kostnerave noticed Kresge / Detroit connection, a veritable giant in its day!

First purpose built headquarters built in 1914 (18 stories; on Grand Circus Park; still standing)

Second headquarters built around 1929 (still standing; on Cass Park)

“In 1909, the company’s 42 stores had gross sales of about $5.1 million ($138.6 million today, when adjusted for inflation). By 1929, it had exploded in size to 597 stores and $156.3 million ($2.2 billion) in gross sales. Such growth required far bigger digs than its 18-story Kahn-designed building on Grand Circus Park that had opened just 16 years earlier.” https://historicdetroit.org/buildings/kresge-administration-building

Stayed at this location until 1972. Building now part of Wayne State University

Yes Kostnerave noticed Kresge / Detroit connection, a veritable giant in its day!

First purpose built headquarters built in 1914 (18 stories; on Grand Circus Park; still standing)

Second headquarters built around 1929 (still standing; on Cass Park)

“In 1909, the company’s 42 stores had gross sales of about $5.1 million ($138.6 million today, when adjusted for inflation). By 1929, it had exploded in size to 597 stores and $156.3 million ($2.2 billion) in gross sales. Such growth required far bigger digs than its 18-story Kahn-designed building on Grand Circus Park that had opened just 16 years earlier.” https://historicdetroit.org/buildings/kresge-administration-building

View attachment 1515637

View attachment 1515638

Stayed at this location until 1972. Building now part of Wayne State University
I wonder if Harry Selfridge used this as a model for his store in London? Thank you slowride for the history!

Never thought I’d be smitten with a 70’s Murray All-Pro 3 speed sold at K-Mart, but …yeah…damned if I’m not. Your excellent refurb drew me to this bike, but the fact that lowly of the low bicycle marketer K-Mart could hit such a home run with how it was speced out leaves me amazed. A true time capsule of a bike I’ll bet NO ONE else has in their lightweight collection. Hats off, sir!

Back