When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Schwinn Le Tour...Time Capsule...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just picked up an 81 le tour. Not as nice as yours. Converting it into a single speed. Does anyone know what to use for the main gear so I can lose the 2 sprockets on the front? Or how to remove the crank to remove the small sprocket.

20200622_125416.jpg

20200622_125425.jpg

20200622_125434.jpg

20200622_125503.jpg

Harpo, another great find and another great detail job. I had one a while back in the exact size and color that I picked up at Ann Arbor. I have sold some and kept the nicest ones too, they really are nice riding bikes. Tim

50A2C9F1-10F6-4AD5-9E5D-60EE27172434.jpeg

Harpo, another great find and another great detail job. I had one a while back in the exact size and color that I picked up at Ann Arbor. I have sold some and kept the nicest ones too, they really are nice riding bikes. Tim

View attachment 1216727

Beautiful! And you're apparently on enough property to keep everything you find! :)

I had a silver one many years back also, along with a couple of the pearlescent orange ones. For taller guys like us (I'm 6'), it's a bit harder to find any bike in our size, let alone in nice condition. The last few weeks I've been lucky (to lucky according to my wife), so I'll see how long this lucky spell will last.

fred

Getting better all the time. What are those cad plated brackets attached to the lower ends of the fork. Locating the axle? Don't recall seeing that before

I've had those on other Schwinn road bikes. They're attached to the wheel and slip onto "bolts" coming out of the inside of the fork. It holds the wheel in place, basically centering it (though it still needs a little nudge to make it perfect) until you tighten the skewer. Pretty cool. :cool:

I've had those on other Schwinn road bikes. They're attached to the wheel and slip onto "bolts" coming out of the inside of the fork. It holds the wheel in place, basically centering it (though it still needs a little nudge to make it perfect) until you tighten the skewer. Pretty cool. :cool:
That is interesting. Never seen it before. Those details must contribute to a nice straight ride.

So would you like to sell the Le Tour (my husband / Birthday is coming up) and it was his high school bike (Opaque Red) .
Dave worked for Schwinn in the 1980's and pictured in My BMX 26" cruiser post on a early King sting. Let me know if you are interested in selling the Le Tour .
Sandy

Back